‘THE GHANAIAN ECONOMY' IN THE VOICE OF NANA ADDO.

One of the things I like about you, President Nana Addo Danquah Akuffo Addo is how you pronounce the word ‘economy’. But it looks to me like your management skills of the Ghanaian economy isn't as sweet as you pronounce it.

Nana, I am a student of the Ghana Institute of Journalism but I stay at Awoshie and go to school every day because the school doesn't provide accommodation for its students which in itself is a worry but I will talk to you about that later although I’m sure you’re already aware of that abhorring condition.

Barely 4 months ago when the university academic year ended, I was paying a transportation fee of GH¢2.10 from Awoshie to circle but I felt it was quite okay. Fast forward to now when I have to pay GH¢2.50 before I can get to circle in a rickety old trotro vehicle which could easily get me tetanus.

The worst thing about all of this is the deplorable roads that connect parts of the city like Awoshie and Circle. The roads are so bad that there are no proper vehicles on them.

The world is moving forward, we understand that but if for some reasons you can't reduce the price of petrol, even though you said you would do that when you were in opposition, for it to affect the likes of me, how about fixing our roads too?

Nana, please, you made a lot of promises to us before Ghanaians voted for you to become president but if you don't live up to your promises, then we may have to have a rethink in the coming elections.

Of all the promises you made on the campaign trail, it looks like it's only free SHS that has dominated your government. Like you once told John Mahama that we won't eat roads, Nana, I'm sorry to disappoint you but we won't eat free SHS either. A lot of us commend Mr Peter Amewu for the work he did in the Lands and Natural Resources Ministry but we need more.

Some of your appointees and party members talk and make promises into your second term in office as president as though you’re assured of it. Some also push your promises into the same period.
Logically, how do we hand you a second term presidency when you have not fulfilled your promises in your first term?

Vice President, Dr. Mahamud Bawumiah, I salute you but, in the voice of Nana Addo, ‘the economy’.

                                      YUSSIF SCRIBES.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PERPETUITY

QUENCHING THE DESIRE TO DRINK; SAVE THAT PREGNANCY

PRICKLY PRIDE