THE PUNISHMENT OF BILKIS NUHU KOKROKO

Out of about twenty-eight comments that followed her post, only about two people suggested that she could have done otherwise. Well, she disagreed with them anyway.

In fact, my heart skipped a beat when I saw her post at first but I eventually calmed down. I thought she wanted to disgrace me in public for getting some of my facts wrong in an article I had written. But I later realized that even though she could have chastised me in private instead of in public, the public rebuke will better put me on my toes to do better next time.

I was impressed with something her husband had done and I wrote an article about it. He had provided some dustbins in some parts of Accra to help curb the poor sanitation in the city. Now, in the article, I referred to Bilqis Binta Umaru Sanda as Umaru Sanda Amadu’s wife instead of referring to her as his daughter. So his wife who is Bilkis Nuhu Kokroko took to Facebook and lashed at me for getting this wrong.


Indeed, not that I didn’t know the facts as have been established but that it escaped me.

She actually argued that this could have been a bad press which would have tarnished the image of her husband or whoever was involved in the article in response to those who suggested that I only wanted to commend her family for the good job done. I kind of agree with her. And it is because if the information I had gotten wrong were defaming, even if I retracted it and apologized, the damage would have been done already.

Thank you, Bilkis Nuhu Kokroko for the correction and encouragement to strive and do better next time. This will encourage me to do better due diligence in everything I do.

I sincerely apologize for mistakenly marrying your kid to your husband...(Yussif smiles).

                     YUSSIF AHMED
                     ahmed.yussif@gmail.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PERPETUITY

QUENCHING THE DESIRE TO DRINK; SAVE THAT PREGNANCY

PRICKLY PRIDE