UPSTAIRS – EPISODE 1

Heart in hand

A brain fixated on one thing

 

The holder unzipped

And it all came down

Revealing what beholds the eye

 

A first timer

My eyes fell to the ground

Look up, she said, softly

 

It wouldn’t be fun if forced

Either way, it’s your choice

Your moment is now

 

In the back of my mind,

Thoughts began to fill up space

What if the moment passes

If I snooze, I loose

I froze

 

With eyes that longed for something

Wet like winter flowers

Shedding its leaves

In ways that leave spring unappreciated


Two steps forward

 A shifty movement


A hand came for mine

Resistance faded away.

 

To Be Continued …….


              Yussif Ahmed IBN Yussif

               ahmed.yussiph@gmail.com


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PERPETUITY

QUENCHING THE DESIRE TO DRINK; SAVE THAT PREGNANCY

PRICKLY PRIDE