THE CRACK IN MY RIB

Like the ice breaks

So does the heart

But the mind makes it resilient

Something the ice lacks

 

For so long, you held my heart

Like the mountains hold the earth without fail

Never moving an inch

Always a whisper away

 

You gave me love

And I laughed

You smiled and tripped

But stayed and never strayed

 

Your love runs in my veins.

On days when I miss you most

It clots

Attempting to suffocate me

A little reminder of how much love I deserve

Even from a distant figure of unfading memories

 

Inevitably, time and land

Widened the gap between us

Disintegrating our unripe love

In those moments of space

Without your presence

Talk without your response

Pain without your comfort

I was forced to love myself

The way you loved me

 

Even now, here and now

Your love fills a void

But it also creates another one

An even bigger one

Because, for you, leaving is inevitable,

Sadly.


                         Yussif Ahmed Ibn Yussif

                         ahmed.yussiph@gmail.com

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PERPETUITY

QUENCHING THE DESIRE TO DRINK; SAVE THAT PREGNANCY

PRICKLY PRIDE