LOVE, PERSONIFIED

 I trembled

But I assembled

And then I pretended 


Honestly, I don’t know what to write to you

I hadn’t felt before, how I felt when I first spoke to you

That morning, even jokingly,

Your kind and loving words sent chills down my spine


Once upon a time, I loved someone 

But it never materialized

So, technically, I am still a novice at love.


So, for you to speak to me that way,

Gave me an idea of what love could be.

Or am I wrong?


You’re generous with words

Flavored with swords

Enough to wound an ailing heart

Or cure it, sorts


I told Ruth 

Of how you roughed me

“Anything you need, I am always there for you.”

That’s what you said

And even as a joke,

It brought tears to my eyes.


I light up, every time I see your call


You are an embodiment of what love could be

Sprouting like an endless spring

Meandering through blistered hearts

Inspiring spears

To piece together for peace


Love is beautiful, MAYBE


Friday, March 5, 2021

1:11 AM.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PERPETUITY

QUENCHING THE DESIRE TO DRINK; SAVE THAT PREGNANCY

PRICKLY PRIDE