SCARY SCARS

How deep are your scars?

Are they scary?

Scattered and shuttering

Or suturing and searching

 

My wounds were cut deep

So are my scars

Maybe yours run deep down your soul

But mine run deep past my soul

So much so that a simple ‘how are you’

Hurts me deeply

 

I’ve always wondered whether a ‘how are you’

Is a favour or a fever

Either way, it only reminds me of my scars

 

How I heal after that;

Fighting isn’t always the answer

Sometimes quieting down

And finding other spots

Could be liberating

 

Out of many, one

And out of one, many

Life isn’t ever straightforward

The curves are sometimes as important

As the straight road


Let the scars carve the curse out


                         Yussif Ahmed Ibn Yussif

                         ahmed.yussiph@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PERPETUITY

QUENCHING THE DESIRE TO DRINK; SAVE THAT PREGNANCY

PRICKLY PRIDE