UNSHELVING PAIN

 A drop

Second drop

And a third

 

My chest began to wet

As the heaviness in it

Melted through my eyes

The pains had reached its limit

It just had to meander its way out

 

Right in the middle of the street

I had to relieve myself

From the shelf of sheer pain

Though preposterous

It wasn’t on purpose

 

For what looked like a century to me

It may have seemed like a split second to you

The tears may have been sudden

But like success, it wasn’t sudden

 

He couldn’t help it

Because it hurts

In ways unimaginable

 

You bear pain

But you can’t sense pain

So the need to discuss it

Voids that

 

Let the tears wash away the pain

To the plains


                      Yussif Ahmed Ibn Yussif

                       ahmed.yussiph@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PERPETUITY

QUENCHING THE DESIRE TO DRINK; SAVE THAT PREGNANCY

PRICKLY PRIDE