THE WINGLESS BIRD

In the deepest of the darkest forest
I perch
Faced with calamities of the unseen
The birds flutter
The dry leaves rattle
I am silent

I am silent
But all is dreadful
All is noisy
My head is exploding
Earthquake under my feet
But the earth swallows me not

The spring flows above me
The quietness of the streaming stream
The benignness
But I am botched
I feel disproportionately inadequate

Nature finds me adequate
It admires me
But I dread me
I feel hollow
I feel ugly
But nature thinks I am awesome

Is nature blind
No, I think not
The waters flow
It doesn’t run
That’s why

Stop it, please
It hurts my soul
I feel my soul
It’s burning with unquenchable rage

My whole fiber on fire
As though I stand in the desert sand
Drowning
Help
Help
Help comes not
All I hear is my own voice

The trees stand by
Unconcerned
Unperturbed
Why
Tell me why

I’d run but the road is foggy
I’d stay but the trees begin to fall
My dilemma
Run, die
Stay, die
My dilemma

Nature was right
It’s a one way street
And the only way is up
But it’s locked up

Give me wings
To brave the odds, *wind*

Set me free

                           Yussif Ahmed Ibn Yussif
                           ahmed.yussiph@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PERPETUITY

QUENCHING THE DESIRE TO DRINK; SAVE THAT PREGNANCY

PRICKLY PRIDE