Ya Allah!

When Ramadan came
I was rude to no one
Except one
My rude
Friend, Ruth

I rarely got angry
Except when it's blurry
My siblings got the best of me
Unless when I'm being meme

But Ramadan is leaving
Who will I be
Will my new lovely self also leave
Or can it still be

I smiled often
Spoke less
Prayed more
Learnt more scripture
Than in forever

Who will I be
When Ramadan leaves
Angry face
Intolerant
Stingy
Reluctant to pray
I want to prey
Not on anyone

Ya Allah
I seek your face
After Ramadan fades
Guide me
Straighten my path
Grant me patience
Provide us with abundance
We have your assurance
But we sometimes face defiance

Ya Allah
You're the most merciful
Grant us bountifully
Even when we behave pessimistically

Ya Allah
Ramadan is leaving
But You're not leaving

We are only human
We are full of faults
We seek your help
That which sustains us
Guide us toward You

Ya Allah
Forgive us
You're the ever forgiving
You love to forgive
So, please forgive us, Ya Allah
Ya Allah

Ya Allah
Ya Allah
Ya Allah


Comments

  1. We're only humans, may Allah help us in working on our relationship with him every day regardless of the period on our diverse religious calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aameen.bro... Almighty Allah is the best planner. may he give us the best

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PERPETUITY

QUENCHING THE DESIRE TO DRINK; SAVE THAT PREGNANCY

PRICKLY PRIDE