CLUTCHING LOVE

One afternoon, like a lizard

I clung to a wall as she passed

My mouth opened

And instantly closed

Fear? No

Sheer desire to quench the flavour

Of a perceived amazing adventure

That would either ruin or rise

 

Lost in myself

Found in another

 

If I could sever my heart from my chest

Or my brain from my body

The opposites of the same position

Thwarting eithers threats and twists

The lips, fixed

 

With a heart that yearned for yours

A brain that resisted to think

A mouth that refused to open

My instantly wobbly legs slowly carried my heavy head away

She disappeared into the crowd

And I disappeared into my emotions.

 

The thoughts of what could be

Trust me, she is amazing in every way possible

 

The roots of the very tree

That would either provide me shade

Or crush me to shreds kept growing

Feeding from the nutritious emotions I harboured

In my heart

The leaves, greener

The trunk, bigger

The roots, stronger

I shuddered

For years, I ran from the obvious

No more running

 

Just like you,

In the most beautiful of ways

I humbly profess of my love to you

Heed me or

Head me

But I would rather you heed me

So that, together, we head away,

Today and always.


            YUSSIF AHMED IBN YUSSIF 

             ahmed.yussiph@gmail.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PERPETUITY

QUENCHING THE DESIRE TO DRINK; SAVE THAT PREGNANCY

PRICKLY PRIDE