ON THE FLOOR

We lay on the floor

Well, half bed, half-floor

Our backs against each other

Not talking

Just lying there

 

I rubbed my back against hers

I took her hand

Robbed her smallest finger

Then her ring finger

Then her palm

 

From a distant place, I felt something

A surge of emotions

Emotions that have eluded me for so long

 

Tears stood in my eyes

I wanted to speak

But my voice was chocked

So I just lay there

Hoping she’d speak

But she kept mute

 

A shut mouth threatening

To rip apart a heart that was full

So I just kept rubbing her fingers

 

Finally, "are you hungry?"

She asked

I smiled

And found the strength to get up

 

Love comes in varying forms and shapes

What's yours?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PERPETUITY

QUENCHING THE DESIRE TO DRINK; SAVE THAT PREGNANCY

PRICKLY PRIDE