Dear JESSICA Turkson;


I wasn’t always happy
Hell, was I ever happy

But I have come very far in life
God has been good to me

If I wanted to be happy, I read
If I ever wanted to be sad, I read
If I wanted to cry, I read
Books were my sole companions
Until Rachael, Ruth and Khadija invaded my life
Even at that, I connected with books more than I connected with some of them

But you,
You are the kind of person I have always fantasized about
Your laugh
Your smile
Your style of speaking
The fun you bring
Your fictional way of approaching conversations
Your intuition
And above all, your love for reading
You’re intelligent, smart, witty, 'freakish', beautiful and friendly
There is something about you that makes me love you more than anything
I know I haven’t known you very long
But respect and love for someone is irrespective of time and space

Even if you didn’t think so much of yourself
Know that I think so much of you
And I want you to be happy
I need you to be happy

Life
We are meant to stumble and even fall
But we are also meant to rise up once and always
I admire your courage
Your resilience
But even the most courageous and resilient person breaks once in awhile
So, Dear Jessica, My Love, it’s okay if you break sometimes
It’s okay to cry
It’s okay to weep
But it’s also okay to smile, to laugh
It’s okay to be happy

Someone loves you
In the purest of ways;
God
and I too love you, very much
 only that God loves you more

So, every time you pick your phone wanting to talk to someone
Know that I am always ready to listen

                                 Your Love,
                                  Yussif Ahmed Ibn Yussif

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PERPETUITY

QUENCHING THE DESIRE TO DRINK; SAVE THAT PREGNANCY

PRICKLY PRIDE