PERPETUITY


My religious beliefs sidestepped
Not a good idea, I know
But let’s do this
Some say it’s the end of the world
I say, maybe it’s just the beginning of it
Maybe God is preparing a whole new generation to take over
I mean, there are scriptural connotations to suggest so
But, ……………………..
Fill in the blanks

I want to see my friends again
I miss them

People are dying
People are dying
Some have recovered and others are still recovering
Some are also getting sick
We are to practice social distancing
Self-isolate
Quarantine
It’s a whole new world of superficial practices

I see two possibilities
Maybe, this new world is perpetual
Maybe it’s just temporary
Even if there comes a cure for this claw-clenching, deadly fisticuffs punching coronavirus
Can we really come back to our old selves
What if we are to remain this way to prevent getting infected
Sure there may have been a cure for it
But would you risk getting infected

I pray this won’t last
And I certainly pray it’s not the end of the world
I am not trying to spread fear or panic
I’m just saying, maybe we should just adjust to our new reality
And work our way around it.

Let’s start a conversation right here on this blog
Tell me how coronavirus has changed aspects of your daily life
Even the mundane activities
Talk to me
Talk to the world

                                                   Yussif Ahmed Ibn Yussif
                                                   ahmed.yussiph@gmail.com

Comments

  1. Yes it really do make sense.
    I see this global pandemic to be fulfilment of Bible Prophecies relating to the last days.
    We all want to soon see the end of crime and sickness as well as death that is claiming the lives of most of our loved ones.
    We've all suffered or are still suffering because of this Satan's system of thing where every aspect of arrangements put in place by authorities to help us the laymen are corrupt.

    We don't know where this would lead us if the most high does not intervene to save His sons and Daughters.

    I really have the hope which of cause I know you do have one as well that a time is coming that our wicked system of things will be replaced by Godly system of things in which men will show genuine love towards their neighbor without hypocrisy as it is now.
    I'm patiently waiting for that time.
    Thank yu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see. You seem to have a very strong faith that this will send soon end.
      Well, how has this pandemic affected your personal life?

      Delete
  2. A reader mailed me this comment;

    "The world is not coming to an end ok. Is just one of the numerous diseases we are facing as biological beings. Moreover you may have your religious beliefs but when it comes to issues of nature, is only science that offers logical and rational knowledge about the cause and solutions. No any God claim has been proven to exist, let alone having part to play as far as the course of the universe is concerned. So relating natural phenomenon to a God is a big failure to explain reality."

    ReplyDelete
  3. This pandemic has affected not much of my life, you know why?
    Because I do know that global pandemic, and other catastrophes that hit the human race ate all signs that point to our living in the last days. 2 Timothy 3:1 says "critical times hard to deal with" will be here and when you are giving warning signs of an impending disaster and it happens, you are no longer in disbelief.
    So personally I see this global pandemic as a sign of end times. We all need to be on guard as Jesus said so that we will not be surprised because no human can tell exactly the day and hour the end will come but all humans can perceive the warning signs and prepare.
    May we all do our best to be found spotless and blameless when the time comes

    ReplyDelete
  4. All shall pass except the Word Of God. Though the world might not go to its normal stage or how it used to be but it will be fine if our maker does not descend. God save us all

    ReplyDelete
  5. We pray, things should be change and attitude and mind set should change to positive direction. God have Mercy on us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's no sphere of life that is not touched by covid19 and has also challenged so many long held assumptions; I've sighted some of the assumptions under the comment section already.
    Whether or not the world is coming to an end I do not know. I personally believe it's a time for me to have a sober reflection of my life and fine tune aspects of it going forward. THIS TOO SHALL PASS. Don't forget to adhere to the preventive guidelines. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

QUENCHING THE DESIRE TO DRINK; SAVE THAT PREGNANCY

PRICKLY PRIDE